Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Rapids

PRESQUE ISLE RIVER, PORCUPINE MOUNTAINS WILDERNESS STATE PARK, MICHIGAN, JUNE 14, 2011

Pentax K-5
SMC Pentax-DA 35mm f2.4 AL
1/8, 1/15, 1/4, 1/30, 0.6 sec. at f11 with .8 ND filter
ISO 100
HDR processing in Photomatix Pro

Photographing in the woods under overcast skies renders better images than in harsh overhead sunlight, but I tried melding five separate full-sun exposures with high-dynamic-range software in an experiment. Except for blown highlights in the lower right, it seemed to turn out OK. Nonetheless, I'm going to return on a gray day and try the same shot, also with HDR processing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Henry,

For the blown highlights, have you taken the final HDR into a photo editing program and reduced highlights? I'm finding nearly all my HDR shots need some additional massaging in a photo editing program such as increased definition, contrast, saturation, sometimes 'enhance'. When I saw this shot, before reading the definition, I was planning to ask if this was HDR. Good results and subject! Carl Morrison